Monday 5 March 2012

Stranded in paradise...

... except it feels a lot less like paradise when it's blowing a gale and chucking it down with rain. And no boats are leaving for the mainland.

When I was in Cornwall last September, I visited the lighthouse exhibition at the National Maritime Museum and tried to imagine what it would be like for the lighthouse keepers of old during a storm. Well, now I don't have to imagine any more!

Ok, maybe I'm being a little melodramatic but it's more fun that way. We're actually almost enjoy playing 'shipwrecked' and stocking up on crisps, cookies and chocolate bars. Well, it is an emergency!

So, in the absence of any other form of entertainment, I've amused myself by thinking about what my desert island discs would be. Try not to judge me... each has a story but I'm not daft enough to reveal them on here!

1. You are my sunshine - My Mum
2. Walk like an Egyptian - The Bangles
3. One - U2
4. Sunflower - Paul Weller
5. Angels - Robbie Williams
6. Perfect Day - Lou Reed
7. Don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith
8. Ruby Red - Heather Nova
9. Don't go back to Dalston - Razorlight

And don't worry Avgi, I haven't forgotten 'our' song ;o)

10. Love in the strangest place - Rhianna

For my book, I'll take the Oxford English Dictionary. Think of all the new words I could learn...

And, as for my luxury, it's gotta be a Nespresso machine!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:STILL Utila Island, Honduras

2 comments: