Tuesday 20 March 2012

Getting a move on

I'm writing this when I should be packing. We're moving on again in the morning to Ometepe and I need to get organised.

But I've kinda settled in to our cosy room with the stained glassed windows at this eccentric little hostel. It's split level, so I have my own mezzanine with a brass bedstead and the luxury of drawers AND hanging space. So I've spread myself out and made myself quite at home.

The friendly, quirky staff and the little pool just outside the door make it a very pleasant spot indeed... I can almost understand why the Texan upstairs has stayed 3 years!

But, unfortunately I have my own millions to earn before I can retire to warmer climes...

Surprisingly, no surprises on today's scenic boat tour around Las Isletas, the 365 pretty little islands in Lake Nicaragua purportedly formed by a volcanic eruption thousands of years ago. We just had to sit back and drink it all in from the comfort of our seats. (Which incidentally had the first lifejackets we've seen since we got here.) Quite a relief after gas masks and tarantulas...

Right, I spose I better get a move on. In 10 days I'll be home and won't have to pack again for a while. What a horrid thought!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Granada, Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment