Wednesday 7 March 2012

One bus too many

You know I like buses but you can have too much of a good thing. Especially when the bus is cramped, hot and going to take 8.5 hours to reach its destination. Still, I oughtn't complain. The bus left on time and wasn't waylaid by any demonstrations.

We did have a little bit of excitement at the border control into El Salvador at El Poy. The immigration official who boarded the bus spent a good five minutes scrutinising my passport on the bus and then disembarked and wandered off with it leaving me sitting on the bus. I didn't think I'd behaved that badly at the Salvadorian Embassy when Gemma and I visited them in London in January! In the end they obviously decided I didn't pose a major threat to national security and let us go on our way.

On arrival in San Salvador, we hot footed it to another bus terminal to catch the public bus to Suchitoto. Still hot and cramped but much more entertaining with more of the hustle and bustle we'd grown accustomed to in Guatemala.

What we've seen out of bus windows bodes well for El Salvador. Now we're looking forward to exploring for real.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Suchitoto, El Salvador

1 comment:

  1. You know why the guard took your passport - to show all his pals what a lovely young lady you are, even more so now you have that suntan!! - keep well, keep enjoying. Looking forward to seeing all the photos.

    ReplyDelete