Sunday 25 March 2012

Missing out

I think it was when my brother announced that the plate of food in front of him was "phenomenal" that I first realised I might be missing out on something.

Since then, I've watched and listened intently to other people's reactions to food and have concluded that I am, indeed, under-enthusiastic in my use of adjectives when it comes to describing whatever passes my lips.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a well-cooked steak or a nice roast chicken or a bowl of rich and creamy cheesy pasta but it doesn't ever send me into raptures. Food can be tasty and put a smile on my face but it is always the experience of dining out or with friends and family that I enjoy and remember more.

The reason I mention this is that I have this afternoon witnessed Gemma and Jess' pure and utter delight at tucking into the fresh lobster which is in plentiful supply here on Big Corn. It's a joy to behold them licking their lips and clearing their plates but I do feel a little pang of regret that food doesn't do that for me.

But watching this sunset does do it for me. I wish I could bottle it and take it home with me...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for Scottie to beam me up and place me on that lovely beach and see sunsets that are stunning. Hubby however says it's food everytime:-)

    ReplyDelete