Saturday 4 February 2012

The biggest adventure of all

It's snowing! Normally  I would be relishing the prospect of snowball fights and building a snowman but instead I'm considering packing a shovel and heading over to Heathrow to volunteer as a human snow plough. If only one plane takes off from LHR tomorrow, please let it be the 0940 BA flight to Miami!

Still what's a day's delay when you've got 8 weeks...

I'm trying to pin down how I feel right now but I'm finding it hard to articulate. All I know is that I have butterflies in my stomach and a huge smile on my face.

I think that mostly I feel thankful. For this wonderful opportunity. For my Mum, Dad, Richard and Marie for their incredible love and support (and Mum more specifically for the yummy steak and dumpling stew she just cooked me as my 'last meal'!) For the bestest friends in the world who made our send off last night so special. And for Gemma,  who is always there for me and who has made this biggest adventure of all a reality.

These two amigas are about to have the time of their lives!

Hasta luego :)

1 comment:

  1. It's 3.30am and I'm really not at all sure how Heathrow is going to be holiday up. Ha.

    ReplyDelete